8.15.2008

FRIDAY, AUGUST 15, 2008



My, how time flies when you’re having fun! (My sister) Robin graciously allowed us to stay all last week with her (Sat-Fri) while Kevin was gone at Wood Badge Scout Camp. It was a wonderful week of doing nothing except helping cook dinner (thank you Robin!). As soon as they were ready for the day, the girls ran outside and played with their cousins, coming back in for a bowl of cereal (Lisa) or more Otter pops (Kate) to get them by till dinner! The girls also enjoyed a few movies and computer games while they were there, and lots of popcorn.



On Sunday (Aug. 10) Isaac took his first 1½ steps! Kevin took Isaac to Young Men’s with him, as usual, and that’s when the magic happened. The week before, while we were at Robin’s, the girls were trying to get Isaac to walk. No, I said, Don’t do that because I want his dad to be able to see it when it happens. Well, Kevin was the only one in the family who saw it happen! :) Not to fret, though, because Kevin bribed Isaac with a treat to get him to walk a couple steps for me Monday, August 11. It was pretty cool to see Isaac walk, especially because he is so content to crawl.



Isaac is an incredibly curious and sometimes serious-minded boy. I see him staring so intently at the things he is exploring. I wonder what he is thinking. Today I noticed how much he loves studying water. (If I take a shower while he’s in the bathroom, he hollers and wants to get in, too.) And yet other times he is a bit of a tease, or a snuggler, and always, sweet and mellow. We love him very much! He turns 1 year in two weeks. You are all invited to celebrate with us. Just come over anytime 5:30 to 7 on Monday, August 25, and enjoy a treat with us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It's hard to believe a year has passed so quickly. Have a great first birthday, Isaac!

Carmen Cole said...

Wow, Taya, your photo is so awesome! Just like the nurses in Pearl Harbor. Thanks for visiting my blog (now I'll have to update it more often!).

LisAway said...

Aaaaaaah! Carmen! I forgot to check back here! I'm putting you on my Reader so I'll for sure know whenever you post. I'm also putting you in my sidebar (sorry I didn't before)

I can NOT believe how big Isaac is! Is that really the same cute little guy that was laying on his tummy for so long while we were visiting? Amazing! What a cutie.