10.25.2008
Isaac's new pastime
Last Sunday (10/19/08) Isaac was teething molars and would not nap. Kevin was sick and stayed home from church. I never thought about leaving Isaac at home. When church time came, I scooped Isaac up, and the girls and I headed off to sacrament meeting. Without a nap, however, Isaac was super tired and the worst behaved ever. I realized how much I missed Kevin taking care of him so I could listen. I held Isaac the best I could, but he is pretty smart and kept wriggling free of my grip. He’d promptly slide down off the seat and crawl under the pews or walk down the aisle. I was getting pretty exasperated and decided I needed to take him out to the foyer.
As we wandered the foyer, I found an umbrella stroller in the coat room. Hmmm, I thought, Isaac likes pushing things. I didn't remember owning anything meant to be pushed, though, since we had already thrown out Kate’s walker because she never used it. I decided whoever owned this stroller (probably had kids) and wouldn’t mind us borrowing it for a few minutes. (Plus I was at wits' end.) Isaac pushed that stroller up and down the church foyer and hallways and was so happy!
When we got home from church, I remembered Kate owns a baby stroller that she never uses anymore, so I donated it to the Keeping-Isaac-Happy Club. He is so content to push that stroller inside the house and out. You should see how he walks. Isaac's walk is so cute (a true “toddler”), but watching him push a stroller, too, takes the cake. Here is a short video clip of one of our outings together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
That's cute. Naomi likes pushing a stroller, too. It's too bad they can't push strollers together. :( I like the part in the video where the sidewalk is uneven and he figures out how to get the stroller over the bump. I think it's cute to watch little kids problem-solve. He's a cutie!
Thanks, Traci! I wish they could go for walks together, too. All the time I want to invite you over; it still hasn't sunk in that you don't live close anymore! :(
Post a Comment