My mom has a yummy recipe for apple crisp. It tastes so good warm with vanilla ice cream melting all over it! I just never have time to peel and cut all those apples, though, so one time I experimented and made it using applesauce. It was just as good for me as the original, and it only took 5 minutes of prep! I've been making it that way ever since. I call it
Apple Goo Crisp
1 can applesauce (24-30 oz)
sugar and cinnamon (if your applesauce lacks both)
Topping:
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 c. quick oats
Melt the butter in the microwave in a glass bowl. Add flour, brown sugar, and oats, and stir together.
Meanwhile, grease a 9x9 pan or pie plate, pour in applesauce, and sprinkle on sugar and cinnamon to taste. Sprinkle topping over the applesauce. Bake at 350F for about 20 minutes (until it smells yummy!). Let cool a bit before serving.
10.18.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Carmen, I have discovered the most magical toy lately. My neighbor let me borrow her apple peeler--it peels, slices, and de-cores the apples for you! It makes making apple pie, apple crisp, and applesauce (which I have been making a lot lately) so much easier! For $20 I'd say that's well worth the price. I might get myself one for Christmas...
Post a Comment