
January 3One of our family traditions is to go sledding on New Year's (and burn our Christmas tree and have a cookout, except that, now we have a fake tree and we don't burn it each year . . . ). We usually go up American Fork Canyon (our one time a year we splurge and pay the now $6 -gasp- fee to use that land). Quite often new snow has fallen and always it is beautiful.
This year the girls wanted to go camping, too. I decided to stay home with the baby and sleep. I am so glad I did. With chronic fatigue syndrome, 10.5 to 11 hours of sleep a night is pretty normal for me, but I haven't had even half that since Baby #3. Well, I did that night! I am so glad I did not sleep in the mountains, but the girls had fun with their dad.
Isaac and I went up the next day to go sledding. All my kids love the snow, but I think Isaac was a bit unsettled by how cold it was. I brought lunch from McDonald's, and the girls showed me all the great spots.

No comments:
Post a Comment